Doctrine & Covenants 89: 18-19

"And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones; And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures."

1.06.2011

Who Me?

By Sassafras

A lot has happened since I last posted. And yet my life has stayed the same. Thankfully.

First and foremost on my mind; I am year older and hopefully, a year more wise. As is often the case, with the new year, I look back and try to ponder on my growths, trials and especially my triumphs and laughter. This year I have been pondering on being a mom. I often wonder what on earth I was doing when I had my first kid at 21. I thought I knew it all. Could I have been any more wrong? I thought it would be so easy and that I would be able to figure it out and be able to get it done generally by myself and if not me, then my better half would step in and all would be well. Yep I could be more wrong. Now I know that I know nothing. I do learn new things everyday. I finally learned that I cant do this all by myself. Even with my better half. I need Heavenly Father. I need the Holy Ghost. I need a living prophet to lead and guide me. To help me in all aspects of my life. Especially with my kids. Dont get me wrong they are good kids. For the most part they are obedient and loving and young. Young, that's the problem. I have no idea how to raise teenagers. I have no idea what the life of a teenager boy looks like. I refuse to even attempt to get them throught this awful, terrible, exhilerating, trying, most changing, most learning, fun, exciting and growing time all on my own. I need Him. I need the partnership and constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. I can not compete with all of the crap (yes crap) that bombards them each and every day. I cant shield them from it, as much as I would love to. I cant take it for them. But we can give them the tools and the foundation to give them the best chance. And that is my plan for this year, among other things.



Second thing on my brain; I told you a year ago when we first started this blog that I kept loosing my hair. I thought that it was my medication. So even though I am not a doc - nor do I play one on tv, which we dont have but that is another post - I decided to start cutting back on my meds. It was fine at first. I didnt notice any real side effects. I did accomplish what I set out to do and my hair didnt fall out so much. But then my body started to show the effects of no thyroid medication. I gained 7 plus pounds, I started not sleeping, my brain became foggy - to say the least and as always I had a runny nose and was perpetually cold. One night after praying for help and reading my scriptures I was prompted to get back on my meds full strength. I cant go against a prompting so I decided that He would show me how to not loose my hair. As I was talking with Ember one day, she suggested that I try some Cayenne Pepper like they tell the men to do. Because Heavenly Father is so good to me, I was once again prompted that I need to change from the in-side out. That if I would change my eating habits that everything would work out. That is when Ember told me about the http://eatcleandiet.com/ . I have been mostly doing it since Monday morning. I say mostly because I still have some food that I am not willing to throw away. Food that is not aweful but not necessarily the best for me. Like cheese, minute barley and taco seasoning. I figure if I just eat them sparingly and follow the rest of the diet it should all work out, right? I have, however, not had any sugar (other than in my food - and no that wasnt chocolate!) and that includes pop. Which I am a huge fan of. I had headaches for three days but luckily they werent bad. I have lost a little over under three pounds - even during my period. Which doesnt happen for me - I usually gain 4. Since I eat every 3 hours or so my metabolism has kicked in and I am not nearly as cold as I once was. Another benefit was/is my nose doesnt run like a faucet. I thought that was a genetic thing.

Now I face this new year with a sense of purpose. I love having control over my life and being able to say no. I have plates of goodies from Christmas and candy in my drawer but neither one even appeals to me. I still crave pop but I can easily walk away from that too. I hope that this is a life style change for me and therefor my family. I actually set goals this year. I never do that. I think they are acheivable and I am so excited to accomplish them. I am so very hopeful this year. I cant wait to take it all on. Yep, even the trials but especially the triumphs and bring on the laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us What You Think