Doctrine & Covenants 89: 18-19

"And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones; And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures."

1.10.2011

Opportunities!

By Sweet Basil

I am so glad we are up and running again. I am grateful to learn from each of you. There is so much I want to know and not enough time to learn it all. I have been blessed and motivated by your words. Thank you. I just wanted to reiterate the reasons or goals for this blog. This is Fathers way of enriching our lives. We learn and pass on what we learn. This was such a great idea Ember, and I hope we can really make it fly this time.


This last year has been full of learning and studying about myself. For a long time I had suffered from stomach aches and headaches. I had just gotten used to them and accepted them not knowing what to do or where to start. All that changed when I moved and met a wonderful woman, mentor really, that taught me, advised me, and put me on a plan. She explained that I had been abusing my body knowing and unknowingly and that I needed to follow a strict plan to heal. She also helped me understand how important the role my Father in Heaven has in my overcoming these obstacles. I followed her plan and it was hard. I started feeling better and I found I could think more clearly and was so much more calm with my children. I know now why I get headaches and what makes my stomach hurt and can avoid those things. I also have learned that I can take my weaknesses to Father and he teaches me how to turn them into strengths.


There is a great book called The Original Fast Foods by James and Colleen Simmons. You can find some great ideas and healthy instructional videos here. Since reading this book and watching how to prepare some really healthy meals we are eating so much healthier and many more veggies. Some of the recipes are absolutely wonderful while others... um, not so great. But I really believe it takes a lot of time and experimenting to find what works for you and your family.


Remember as we study great books, learn, and share we will become the women we are meant to be! The women Father expects us to be. Leaders and instruments in his hands to help others and bring them closer to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us What You Think