Doctrine & Covenants 89: 18-19

"And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones; And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures."

1.23.2011

Amber Necklaces- Educate Me!

By Sapphire

Hi everyone, I'm new around here. So go easy on me!! :)

(Information used is directly from sweetbottomsbaby.com)

What is an Amber Necklace?

Baltic amber is not a stone, but a fossilized tree resin. Each bead is a unique piece of history - a fossil from an ancient forest which existed tens of millions of years ago. Our Baltic Amber is imported from the Baltic Region and is the most esteemed type of amber in the world.
Baltic Amber has been used for pain relief, strengthening the body's immune system, restoring energy, and helping to break the cycle of chronic inflammation.

How & Why it Works:

When Baltic amber is worn on the skin, the skin’s warmth releases trace amounts of healing oils from the amber. These oils contain succinic acid and are absorbed into the skin.

Baltic Amber Benefits:

Pain Relief - Baltic amber contains analgesic properties and helps with many types of discomfort associated with dental issues, headaches, joint pain, etc.

Strengthens the body's immune system - In many different and subtle ways, succinic acid helps boost the body's own natural healing ability and immune system.

Restoring Energy - The human body naturally produces succinic acid. The salt of succinic acid (succinate) is one of the most active substances in the processes of cellular respiration and intercellular energy creation. Succinic acid restores oxygen and energy supply to depleted cells and helps the body return to a normal, functioning state.

Maintaining Wellness - When the human body reacts to stress, the body’s cells begin to use oxygen more quickly. Oxygen plays a central role in the intercellular creation of energy, and a lack of oxygen can result in feeling lethargic. Oxygen is alkaline- forming in the blood and maintaining a slightly alkaline blood ph helps keep us healthy. Whenever the body functions in a state of low oxygen, it is much more susceptible to illness.

To help break a cycle of (chronic) inflammation - Where chronic inflammation is present, disease lurks. When the body’s cells are chronically inflamed the human body’s immune system response is to increase production of free radicals. Chronic overproduction of free radicals results in inflammatory-related disease. Chronic inflammation is a common denominator of many seemingly unrelated diseases.

---------------------------

I started hearing about amber necklaces/bracelets around a year ago. I know a lot of parents that put them on their children for teething. I was very interested in them. I have an illness called Multiple Chemical Sensitivity and one of the things I suffer from is chronic inflammation. I bought an amber necklace in hopes that it might work/help and I thought, well if it doesn't work at least it is super cute and I can just wear it anyways.

I honestly can't tell if they do help or not. I really can't tell a difference. I have questioned a lot, can/do these really work? I did buy the darkest color, and I heard AFTER I bought it that the lighter colored ones work better. So maybe I'll try a different one.


I have a huge strong testimony and love for essential oils. They work and I know without a doubt they do. They come from plants, herbs, etc. So why can't a necklace made out of fossilized tree resin work?


I have heard moms say that the second they put them on their babies, that are teething, they stop crying. I really don't buy that. I don't think it could work that fast.


Sorry, I know this post is a bunch of rambles, my mind is usually going 100 miles a minute, but it is something I really wonder about and I want your input.

Do you think they really work? Do you or your child/ren ever wear one? What is your personal opinion on them? I really do want to know. Please help educate me!

5 comments:

  1. Sapphire,I didn't notice a change with my son,until I lost it fora while, and then put it BACK on. I didn't notice a change when we got it and I put it on him at all, but as soon as it was gone for a while, he became super cranky, and when I found it (in the couch) and put it back on, he was like a whole new kid. And started sleeping again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting and letting me know. I'm glad you could tell a difference. I really need to start writing it down and keeping notes on how I feel with it on and off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, he wears it all day and while sleeping, only taking it off to take a bath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I do. I only take it off when I shower. What color is your son's necklace? I'm really curious if the color does make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice this post really interesting and cool your thought ....

    ReplyDelete

Tell Us What You Think