Doctrine & Covenants 89: 18-19

"And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones; And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures."

1.11.2011

Carbos?

By Sassafras

Here is what I learned today. Since I started the Eat Clean Diet, I would hit a wall about 5:00 or so and it would last until 7:30ish. It was awful. I had no energy, I could barely function. I kept thinking "wait a minute here, I am supposed to be feeling all this energy. But I am not. And where is my bed?" I would eat dinner then crawl in bed by 8:00 when I would get my second wind and be good to go until 11:00. At which time I would tell myself to go to bed because I have to get up early in the am.

Then today I was naughty and had Old Chicago for lunch. I will admit that good pizza is my weakness. However, I was a good girl and ate my whole salad first. I had three of the four pieces of the personal pizza. I had a bunch of running around/work to do this afternoon and definitely not any time for my afternoon slump. Then I realized (with the help of Heavenly Father - as I'm not smart enough to figure this out on my own) that I have not been eating enough carbos. Which your body/brain needs. That is why I would be better after dinner.

I wasn't doing it on purpose really. I just don't know enough yet. I was trying to follow the diet but not very well I see. So carbos it is. Good ones. And no more foggy, sleepy, lazy afternoons for me.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, Mrs. Sassy, that I am so proud of you. I know what you struggle with and you have set such a good example for me. You are so strong, in body, mind and spirit. I am grateful for our continuing friendship. You have been an enormous strength to me.

    Keep up the good work. I am so glad to be part of your eternal family! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Us What You Think