Doctrine & Covenants 89: 18-19

"And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones; And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures."

9.02.2009

Knowledge is Power!

By Sweet Basil

Growing up my parents always told me that fevers are good. Our bodies are amazing and can take care of themselves if we just let them. This advice has always been in my head and I picture those sick, ugly germs being fried by the higher body temperature. I was also taught that if you bring that temperature down with a fever reducer then the germs will start growing again. What we really need to do is get lots of rest, plenty of fluids, and stay home so we don't give it to anyone else or catch other sicknesses while our immune system is working overtime. That said, I never researched it on my own until today.



My baby has had a fever since yesterday and I fought the feelings to give him medicine but feared the consequences of not doing the right things. Knowledge is Power! I studied and am now very confident in not medicating my baby and I now know the signs to look for to help me make decisions. My parents were right! By studying and staying in tune we will grow personally and our families will be blessed physically and spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us What You Think