Doctrine & Covenants 89: 18-19

"And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones; And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures."

9.30.2009

Good Stuff

By Ember

When I started using essential oils, I was very fortunate to be able to order some from a Primavera distributor but have not been able to find one since that time. I've found the quality of these oils to be unequaled. The smell is the purest I've ever experienced and I hate to say it, but every other brand has been a bit of a disappointment in comparison.

Today, I was emailed some great news and want to pass it on. Primavera Essential Oils are now available online! They are more costly but worth every bit of the difference. Check them out. If you were to purchase one oil for everyday use, I would recommend Lavender. For food storage, I suggest Oregano Oil. Maybe if we ask nicely, Sassafrass will tell us why we should have these in our health arsenals.

***********

I love pizza, but I have only purchased store pizza a handful of times in the last three years since I discovered this dough recipe. We have pizza nearly every Friday night but we make it and add as many nutritious ingredients as we want.

Pizza Dough

2 C. warm water
2 Tbls. yeast
2 Tbls. sugar
2 tsp. salt
Mix together and let sit for 5-10 minutes to make a sponge.

Add:
4 C. flour (I use 2 C. white and 2 C. wheat)
Mix well and knead for a couple of minutes to a nice smooth consistency. Add more flour as necessary. (Fresh ground wheat tends to have more moisture and will require more flour).

Let rise for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400*. Divide into two balls and roll out on floured surface or right on the pan, if you're tricky like that. I use a baking stone and a perforated pan for cooking pizza. I pre-cook the dough for 7 minutes on the stone and for 3 minutes on the perforated pan before adding toppings . Add sauce and toppings. Bake until cheese is melted.

I have cooked this for many guests and it's a hit!

UPDATED! This makes two crusts. It works just as well cut in half if you only need to make one pizza.

2 comments:

  1. This looks yummy. It seems like a lot of flour--does it make two crusts, or just one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Us What You Think