Doctrine & Covenants 89: 18-19

"And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones; And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures."

1.26.2010

Sweet Basil bears all...

I totally missed Embers post back forever ago about the 100 day no sugar challenge. I was very impressed.
My reasons:
#1. To feel better. I usually have a tummy ache after I eat always. This could be from the sugar or the growing yeast because of the sugar or maybe the gluten, I don't know. But I am going to start with sugar. I have done this before and it seemed to help. Why did I go back you ask? That brings me to my next one.
#2. To overcome addiction. I have a problem. That little white evil stuff calls my name even when I am asleep. It makes me angry and depressed and I will beat it and be way better off without it. I do believe in moderation in all things but not for me when it comes to sugar. I know that if I can kick this I could probably do just about anything.
#3. To help me get to a normal weight. I am overweight according to my Wii fit. Obese according to the Doctor's office. I am 5'1" and 157 pounds. That is right. I am letting everyone know. I am a size 12-14. That size is nice on a taller woman but I am really short. There are some women that can pull it off but not me. Cutting out the sugar I know will help me get to a normal weight.
#4. To be able to exercise more effectively. I really want to compete someday in a half marathon. I was working toward that and got lost somehow. I can run but it hurts. I know if the sugar is out of my system and I am using real food for fuel my body will work properly and I will be able to reap greater benefits from exercise.
#5. To learn how to endure. I really hope that at 100 days I can look back and smile and continue on to 200 and 300 and so on. I feel great about making it almost 9 months without chocolate (another addiction but not anymore). Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...
#6. To teach my kids healthy habits. What is important to me now will become important to them later. I don't want my kids to have weight issues. If I were to continue with my behavior with treats they will learn that too. They will just learn that because they are kids now they don't get 2 bowls of ice cream but when they grow up and are adults they can have as much as they want. How sad and confusing is that?
So, 2 days down 98 to go. Cheer me on, join with me, give suggestions, let's see what can happen.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! I'm so proud of you. You're an inspiration to me. Don't know if i can commit today. I will work towards it and join you very soon!
    Ember

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great challenge! I'm thinking this may be a hard blog for me to follow, due to my overly-opinionated self, but this I can agree with and might even try for myself. I, too, have a weight loss goal and would LOVE to be successful. Candy is my worst enemy... even now, I'm remembering my secret stash of Lemon Heads and want to go get them... LOL So, maybe I'll start tomorrow. ;) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Us What You Think