Doctrine & Covenants 89: 18-19

"And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones; And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures."

1.31.2010

I HATE Sugar...

By Ember

Actually, I love it. But I really do hate it. I want to eat it. A lot of it. So my body is truly addicted and thinks it loves it. My spirit hates it because it ends up losing control to my body.

I love to cook and bake. My oldest daughter just had a birthday and I have been planning her cake for a couple of weeks. I resisted eating her real birthday cake because I am committed to eating better and know that one slip up will likely lead to more. So I abstained and ended up throwing the remains in the trash finally since no one was eating it. Well then here comes the birthday party cake. Five layers of different kinds of cake with a red velvet layer crumbled on the top and over the sides. A work of art, I tell ya. And my demise.

I thought 'hey I've done awesome all week. I even lost 4 pounds in 4 days. I can handle one little piece of cake. Why would I lose control? I don't want to gain that weight back.'

Ha!

Hahahahahah!!!!

It got me again. I ate the little piece of cake. And then another piece of cake. And a couple of the chips on the table. And drank a cup of 7 Up. And then had a couple of bites of hot dog at a hockey game.

Which led to today. I have been picking at that stinkin' five layer masterpiece all afternoon! Thankfully it is nearly gone, but that would be thanks to yours truly! AGGGHHHH!!!

Moral of this story: I can't handle it. Not even a bit. And since I can handle none but not a little, I will pick none.

So Sweet Basil, I will join you with your 100 Day Sugar Free Challenge.

February 1, 2010 sounds like a perfect day to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us What You Think