Doctrine & Covenants 89: 18-19

"And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones; And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures."

2.10.2011

Seeing His hand

As we get closer to the last days I am struck at how very close He is and how much His hands are in our lives. This post is about being grateful.

I attended the adult session of our stake conference not too long ago. A sister got up to talk about adversity. I am guessing she is in her mid thirties and I am pretty sure she has 4 or 5 kiddos at home. With few tears, she proceeds to tell us how the temple is and was a necessity in her life. Three years ago her husband was diagnosed with lung cancer and lost his battle just this last September. She stood up there and was grateful for her time with her hubby. She was especially grateful for the temple and the blessings therein. I can't get her out of my mind. I am amazed at her strength in such a sad and difficult time. She could have turned bitter and angry but instead she choose to see His hand in her life and in his death. She is truly an example of the believers.

My cup runneth over and I dont know how else to say the things in my heart so I will make a short list of the things that I am grateful for. Please understand that He is responsible for all of them. It is His tender mercies that I want to give thanks for.
  • temples
  • quick trips to visit family
  • good roads across Wyoming
  • paychecks
  • honest and trustworthy employees
  • my Bishop
  • working with the young women
  • going to girls camp
  • a husband who gets up and goes to work everyday
  • a teen who get up and goes to 5:30am seminary without fuss or complaint
  • drawings/love notes from my babies
  • 10 second tidies
  • good examples
  • family who have become my friends
  • getting prepared
  • food storage
  • rain
  • thunderstorms
  • heating blanket
  • texting and skype
  • good friends
  • prayer
  • shoulders broad enough to bare my burdens

This list is not in any order but things that came to mind. I try to be a grateful person and I know that this list is short but I hope that it will give you ideas of things to be grateful for in your own lives. You dont have to look hard or far to see His hand. He is right there infront of you. He is standing there with His arms strechted wide open waiting for you to enter. Its up to you. Times are going to get harder do you really want to face them without Him. I don't!

Sassafrass

1 comment:

Tell Us What You Think