Doctrine & Covenants 89: 18-19

"And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones; And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures."

2.22.2011

Not just a salad.

by Sweet Basil

My dinner tonight was a green salad, but not just any green salad. It was made of romaine, spinach, green and yellow pepper, a handful of peas, and tomato. Then I sauteed, in a little apple juice and brags liquid aminos, half an onion, 2 garlic cloves (love garlic), a few chopped walnuts, and a good bunch of mushrooms. This I put right on top of my salad hot and steamy (don't knock it till you try it). It coats the salad and makes a great healthy dressing.

When I listed my plan I failed to make clear that the veggies and fruit and the quarter cup of nuts is all I am eating at this point. I have made a few exceptions like the liquid aminos, some better than bullion (no msgs), and a few peas (frozen and warmed up in a little hot water.)

I really want to reset my body. I am paying really close attention to the way I feel by keeping a journal. The journal really helps. I record how I am feeling, if I am stressed out, feeling sick, hungry, what I am eating and how I made it. Especially if it was good because then I can make it again.

Like my oriental soup I made last night. And my family loved it! I was going to wait to share it but it was so good you are going to want to go get the stuff and make it ASAP.

The recipe came from The Original Fast Foods but I had to tweak it a bit because that is what I do. And I didn't have all the ingredients. And as you will see I don't measure all the time. Sorry.

10 cups of water or so
some chicken bullion, (What kind of vegetable is that you ask? The only kind I have at the moment. Next time I will try it with vegetable bullion to see if there is a difference.)
1 onion diced
1 cup of chopped celery
1/2 head of cabbage, chopped

Cook just this much for a bit.

2 cups of broccoli
2 zucchini, diced
a bunch of mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp of dry ginger

Cook that up but not too much because mushy broccoli is gross.
Then you put some frozen peas in the bottom of the bowls and I added a little cooked brown rice for everyone else but myself (but only for now.) Add the soup. The best part, I think, was the cayenne pepper that I added to mine and the Mr's and it was GOOOOOOD! Let me know if you try it and what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us What You Think